You know you love butter and you know you love gorgonzola cheese…so why not mix them together to make gorgonzola butter?? Super easy to make and easy to store for use at any time as a topper for pasta, burgers, sandwiches and my favorite…STEAKS!
Lets get started 🙂
– 1 stick unsalted room temperature butter
– 3 oz crumbled gorgonzola cheese
– 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Are you ready for this? To be honest, I’m really not sure if I’ll have a recipe that gets much easier than this one. All you have to do is put the butter in a bowl and break it up with a spoon. Add in the gorgonzola cheese and black pepper and mix it together until the cheese and pepper are full incorporated in the butter.
At this point lay out a sheet of Saran wrap that is about the size of a one foot square. Place the gorgonzola butter in the center of it and fold the top half of the Saran wrap over the butter. Then fold the bottom half over the butter so it’s on top of the top half (sorry if that’s confusing!). Then twist each end together. At this point you want to begin rolling the butter like it’s a rolling-pin to shape it into a long cylinder. You might need to shape it a bit with your hand before you start rolling it.
Once you’ve finished rolling it, you have 2 storage options –
1. If you’re serving it that day just put it in the fridge so that it firms up and can be sliced when you’re ready to serve.
2. If it’s for use at a later time, then freeze it! You can easily store this for weeks at a time and just pull it out, slice a couple of pieces at a time and then put it back! If you’re freezing it, then wrap it in foil after you’ve wrapped it in Saran wrap, just to make sure it stays fresh.
Like I said up above, this can be used in so many ways. I’m going to use it for my Valentines Day dinner at home with my hubby. What am I going to use it with? Steak, of course 😉
Hostess with the Mostess: So, kind of a no brainer here. Make it ahead of time! If you’re serving it for a dinner party, then make sure you time it so that it’s placed on the hot burgers, steak, pasta right before serving. That way everyone can see the pretty, buttery, cheesy discs start to melt over the food. It’s kind of making my mouth water right now just thinking about it. Have I mentioned yet how much I love food?
As a side note – this is butter after all, so make sure you’re careful with how much you use! It’s easy to add a few slice of it to your serving but a little goes a long way so make sure you’re sticking to no more than 1/2 of a tbsp.